Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Monday, January 7, 2008

Sarah Groves..Tell Me What You Know

It's hard to find good music that moves me anymore, kwim? Maybe I am becoming less sensitive and a bit cynical at times....but this album got me. I wanted to share the lyrics to the one that sort of speaks of where I am most of the time.


lord ❈ i have a heavy burden of all i’ve seen and know ❈ it’s more than i can handle ❈ but your word is burning like a fire shut up in my bones ❈ and i can’t let it go ❈ and when i’m weary and overwrought ❈ with so many battles left unfought ❈ i think of paul and silas in the prison yard ❈ i hear their song of freedom rising to the stars ❈ and when the Saints go marching in ❈ i want to be one of them ❈ lord it’s all that i can’t carry and cannot leave behind ❈ it all can overwhelm me ❈ but when i think of all who’ve gone before and lived a faithful life ❈ their courage compels me ❈ and when i’m weary and overwrought ❈ with so many battles left unfought ❈ i think of paul and silas in the prison yard ❈ i hear their song of freedom rising to the stars ❈ i see the shepherd moses in the pharaohs court ❈ i hear his call for freedom for the people of the Lord ❈ chorus x2 ❈ i see the long quiet walk along the underground railroad ❈ i see the slave awakening to the value of her soul ❈ i see the young missionary and the angry spear ❈ i see his family returning with no trace of fear ❈ i see the long hard shadows of calcutta nights ❈ i see the sister standing by the dying man’s side ❈ i see the young girl huddled on the brothel floor ❈ i see the man with a passion come kicking down that door ❈ i see the man of sorrow and his long troubled road ❈ i see the world on his shoulders and my easy load ❈

Live powerfully
Finish Well

No comments: