Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Giving is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! It REALLY is!!!!!!

I want to thank you all for taking the time to nominate families for my Giveaway. It was humbling to read your stories, and a blessing to know of people who give and struggle and persevere. Times are tough, life is a challenge, and there are days and times when I really have that feeling of, "This is not my home, I am an alien here." As God told us so long ago, we were meant for heavenly places. This is a fallen world, a temporary abode, and it is sometimes tough to be in it. But we have a hope and a future, and on this Christmas Eve I so truly hope you know WHO that hope is, and that He loves with all His being. I hope you know that our suffering is temporary, and I hope that He uses me to make someone's suffering a little less this season, even if it's just a little bit less.

So without further adieu I am so pleased and happy to announce that the winner of the Giving is Awesome contest is Deb Ramirez! Deb was nominated by Gail Clark who said this of her, "She has the most positive attitude of anyone I know and if you didn't know she was sick, you never would." Deb is a single Mom of two children. I for one, can not imagine going through cancer treatments while being a single Mom of two. Wow! That is really a challenge! But to go through all that with a positive attitude, to endure with a smile, that is really something big. Deb, I would guess that you are an amazing blessing to your children, a blessing of the example of what it means to persevere, to forge ahead, to press on.

I humbly hope that I can capture some of that in your session, to capture YOU with your children, just being the strong family you are. I hope when you look at the images we will create that you see your own strength, the admiration your children must have for you, and the power of the love you share. I can not wait to meet you.

Just as a reminder, it is a totally free $700 package. You can book any time. Just call me when you are ready. And Gail, don't forget you get the FREE session and a $100 print credit for nominating Deb. THANK YOU, Gail, for taking the time.

Now I couldn't leave you without a few pictures! This is our Christmas Card- Merry Christmas to all of you who regularly read my blog! And the last two are of my youngest who was trying to impress Santa today and gave me a few smiles.










Before I go- if you want to read something really powerful that will REALLY put you in the Christmas Spirit- Click Here. I doubt you will be sorry you did!!

Merry Christmas to you all. I hope it is full of love and warmth and a joy so great you bust at the seams.

10 comments:

Ali said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of Deb and her children!
Merry Christmas Deb! :o)

Anonymous said...

Alli - WONDERFUL choice! I'm so happy for Deb and her family. Yay for Gail for nominating her!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that will be a wonderful session for you... will be looking forward to seeing the pictures as well!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Deb & her children! I can't wait to see you work your magic, Alli ... what a beautiful gift.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fabulous gift, and it sounds it has gone to someone very deserving. I look forward to seeing the images.

Anonymous said...

What a beutiful card!
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card. The photo of your daughter holding it is so darn cute!

Martha Bravo said...

What a great idea, I bet she will love your photos and what a cool way to celebrate Christmas!
Love the card!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful gift you are giving them, you are such a kind person with a big heart. Congratulations to this very deserving family.

amazing grace said...

LOVE your card and your text!!!