Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do You Facebook?

I could make fun of Facebook all day, really, it's a quirky thing. But in the end, I meet interesting people there and have access to the lives of my friends across the world that I would never have otherwise. I think it's actually quite cool! You can find me on Facebook by typing in Allison Fuller Gaulin. I also have a group, Alli Gaulin Photography. Be my friend!!

I just started a new album on Facebook titled 365 Project. I took this on about a week ago, I had this feeling that I was on some sort of crazy time machine where you could only go ahead at the speed of light. The kids are changing, every day they morph into something they weren't the day before. It's hard to keep up, it's hard to manage the moments when generally we love time to pass, but maybe not certain moments, just certain ones, the ones that make our breath stop for just a minute, the ones that make us take in the sounds and the smells and the sights of the place we dwell in, the people we share time with, kwim? Have you ever had one of those moments, where suddenly your senses become extreme and your heart wants to burst and you just love? So I'm taking on this project that will keep me pointing my lens at those people in my life that cause me to have those moments, every day, 365 photos a year.

Won't it be fun? So I won't share a ton of them here, there just isn't time to, but you can catch them in my 365 Project album on Facebook if you are interested. And every now and then I will post one I love.

This one I love. And you may think this is an image of Ella, but it's not. This image is about Grace. She designed this set for a photo shoot she wanted to do with Ella this afternoon. In fact, I bet the mess is still out there in my red room, darnit. (That's what we call our RED room.) Anyway, it was such a good idea that I stole it from her. And in one breath I captured Ella's new outfit and her crazy princess/I'm being a snot/ aren't I cute anyway pose, AND the start of Grace's career as a most creative photographer. I love it.

9 comments:

Ali said...

This is such a beautiful portrait Alli!

Denise Snyder said...

Alli this photograph is so fabulous it belongs hanging HUGE in your home. Seriously. I LOVE IT!

Hayley said...

I am jealous...this set up is in your house? I LOVE this pic Alli, seriously a fave!! Awesome my friend!!

Laura Lynne Photography said...

I LOVE this Alli!!! How cute!

Anonymous said...

I totally adore this shot! ♥

Julie Monacella Photography said...

Oh wow, I just adore this!!!

Anonymous said...

yup I facebook and am so addicted...lol

this portrait is so so creative and original!! love it to bits.

Cindy Harter said...

That little Ella.... I want to kiss her little face off ! She is growing up so fast ! I love this image !

Chelsey said...

LOVE, love, LOVE this one!!! Print it BIG for her room - that is an order! :) heehee I'll be your friend! :)