Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Extra Extra Read All About It!!!



Well folks, it's an exciting day today!! I got a phone call from my good friend Cindy who left me a message that went something like this, "OMG, Alli, are you so excited? Can you believe it? Congratulations!!" I had no idea what she was talking about until she explained that Mr. Miotke's book was out and I HAD MADE THE COVER!!! (Well, Ella made the cover, that's her on the bottom right) Now, I knew that a few of my images had been chosen to be IN the book, and that was exciting enough, but no one had told me that I would be ON THE COVER!!! How rockin cool is that? (Can you tell I am stoked here?)

I also need to mention that my good friend Julie has her adorable picture titled "Nummy" (LOVE that title) right next to my Ella, which makes it even MORE exciting! Our images were chosen among tens of thousands of professional and amateur photographers' images, so it is amazing that we both ended up on the cover!

Who hoo, I am off to celebrate!!!

Here's a link to the book on Amazon if you would like to purchase it- Jim Miotke has written MANY books on photographing children, so you can bet this one will be as great as his others!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Laurel E. Riffey said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting! Well deserved!

Heather-The Atlantic House said...

WOW! You are going places, lady! GOOD FOR YOU! I know you are bouncing off the walls up there. Sooo cool! BTW, LOVE the Christmas card selection...where can I get those? Shoot me an e-mail when you get some time!

Julie Monacella Photography said...

Congratulations Alli!!!! I'm so excited for you! And, I'm honored to share the cover with you. :)

Hayley said...

Congrats chickie!! I am so excited for you and Julie both for making the cover :) Can't wait to get my copy of the book to see the rest of the chicks in there :) Congrats again my friend!!

Picture Perfect said...

Huge congratulations Alli. I am so proud of you and know you are over the moon thrilled!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful babes on the cover of this man's book. He certainly will sell a whole lot more with these little guys blessing the cover! I saw Julie's web site too and it's no wonder she also was chosen for her amazing picture. You and she both just seem to have a way with capturing the beauty and true child-like nature of these little ones. I can't wait to see the book and all the other pictures that he chose to make his book a #1 best seller. Congratulations to both of you and to your models as well. Alli, Love you lots. Mom

Cindy Harter said...

2 pixel chicks on the cover WOO HOO !!!!! I am soooo proud of both of you ! YEY! for women with great skills:) cindy harter

Anonymous said...

and what a beautiful cover girl she makes - congrats to both of you

Anonymous said...

soo cool - congrats!!!

Laura Lynne Photography said...

OH - MY - GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ALLI!!!!!! SO deserved and now I can so say "who Alli? Like totally - she's a friend - we are, you know, tight." :)

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

Alli!!! This is awesome! Your talent shines! Congrats!

PS. TODAY is my last day at my 10 1/2 year job! Tomorrow, I am a FT Photographer!

Denise Snyder said...

Yay!!! So happy and proud of you!!! You deserve it Alli!

Jennifer Alder said...

CONGRATS, Alli!!!! :)
It is so wonderful to see you on the cover- WELL DESERVED. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!! I AM so proud of you and so excited for you and Julie!!!

Mary Gundrum said...

A huge congratulations Allie, your work has always screamed talent! Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your new site and the senior site is incredible, all of the images are stunning! Thank you for all of your encouraging words and taking the time to visit my blog, it means so much!!

Mary