Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Countdown to Atlanta

Two days to go to!! I am super psyched to be meeting up with my Fellow Pixel Chicks. You may ask what a Pixel Chick is. No, it is not a weird child's electronic toy thingy. A Pixel Chick is a super talented woman photog who might be from here in the US or the UK. There are exactly ten Pixel Chicks in this world from places like CA, MI, NJ, MA, AL, GA, TN, IL, and across the pond in the UK, and I am one of them! (Can you believe that? Whoa!) You can see the Pixel Chicks blog here. It's a little bit pitiful, we admit it. We aren't so great at keeping up with it. Someday though, someday!

So we are meeting at Cindy Harter's home in Atlanta to talk and do photography for three glorious days and nights. We have met up now in New York, Chicago, and Alabama for workshops from other photographers, but this time we are doing our own workshop! At some point in our dreamy lives we hope to offer workshops to other photographers, so this will be a brain storming/ gleaning/ figuring stuff out sort of weekend. We are going to be shooting models, maternity, boudoir, newborns, babies and whoever else shows up. We are going to be talking Lightroom, Photoshop, OCF, Lighting, Business and oh yeah, we are going to be eating too. I think Candy said she was making lasagna. Go Candy.

So with that, I thought I would leave you with a few shots from our trip to NY last fall. I had never even edited these until today. Sorry Chicks. I just let time slip away. And know that we will be missing you Chicks from MI, NJ, and the UK this trip!



Laura Stetser, CA


Candy Avera, AL and Megan Peck, MA


Julie Monacella, IL


Candy


Megan



If you would like to see the shot that Laura got here, click here. It is freakin awesome!



Denise Snyder, NJ

Not pictured:
Cindy Harter, GA
Ali Greenwood, UK
Hayley Hamlin, MI
Sherry Boles, TN
All of these uber talented women have blogs and you can find their links at the bottom of this page. Check em out!

15 comments:

Cindy Harter said...

Alli, these are soooooo good !!!! I am soooooo excited I just can't stand it :) Love you chickie !!

Anonymous said...

how cool!! what a fun idea!

Amanda said...

ohmygosh! sounds sooo fun!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! what a great get-together!

sherry boles~ said...

WooHoo!!! :)
How wonderful to see the Chicks behind the cameras!

Anonymous said...

So fun and I do love Laura's shot too! Have the best weekend.

Julie Monacella Photography said...

What a fun trip down memory lane! Awesome images. I can't wait to see you this weekend! :)

Laura Lynne Photography said...

"I'm so excited,
I just can't hide it,
I'm about to lose control
and I think I like it!" Okay, that song will NOT stop playing in my head htis morning!!!!! :)

Hayley said...

WAAAA...yes that's me crying because I will miss all you chicks!! Have lots of fun, learn lots and come back and share with me, D, and Ali :) Gorgeous pics of the chicks to by the way!! (Awwww...and look at D wearing her necklace) :)

Anonymous said...

that sounds like so much fun!
enjoy!

Ali said...

Alli, these are great and I wanna be a pixel chic!!! :) You are going to have an awesome time in Atlanta!!

Jayme Tighe said...

Looks like so much fun!! Great captures!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time! Loved the images from your last meet :)

Jane Photo said...

Sounds like a hoot. I hope you learn lots, have a ball, and let us know how it went.

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? Wow, how fun!!