Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Rumor....Well TWO Actually

I Love 2009. So far I mean. You know it's only been five days, but what a five days it's been!! Five days down, 359 to go. Good greif I wonder what the last 5 days of 2009 will look like, with all this going on in the first five.

Okay so what's this all about you ask? Well, I have two rumors to start. Yup, you can trace it back to here. You have my permission to gossip to everyone you know about these two things. (But only these two things. Generally, gossip is bad bad bad, but you know that.)

First, I am renting a studio. Yup. It's going to be white with natural light, and it's going to ROCK. It will be in the Tannery Marketplace and I should be announcing an official open house date for around the 1st of March soon. Did I say it's going to ROCK? Because it is. No more having to shoot in 30 degree weather, and no more worries about the rain in the summer. And I can still shoot with natural light which is my thing, you know. Now, I am a little nervous about this, it is a big step for me and my business. So the cool thing is, I will be celebrating this new venture by offering some super cool new packages and discounts- get em here while they last, cuz they won't- in honor of the new place. And because I will be itching to shoot every day three times a day in this glorious new space. And I have a new camera that I had to put my firstborn up as collateral for. It needs to get used. A Lot.

Okay, now for Rumor #2. I'll get right to it. I am going into the wedding biz. Yes, I know I said I never would. Ever. But then this guy asked me to be his partner, and I knew I could not refuse. I mean, this is a fine art portrait artist who wants ME to partner with him on weddings. How could I say no? And THEN, when I started thinking about all this, I started stalking the blogs of Jasmine Star and Jesh DeRox and David Jay (And don't even call me if you don't like David Jay, because if I were a boy I would want to BE David Jay, true story.) and I got inspired. Like, totally on fire inspired to do weddings. I never thought it would happen, but well, it did. So, I will have big announcements as soon as we iron out a few details and make a solid plan. It will be a glorious partnership of tradition and grace meets ultra creative modern hip. (Can you guess which I am?) Please exploit this rumor and let any bride you know in on this bit of gossip. You will look good, I promise, because you will know something your friends don't know. Oh, and we will travel. ANYWHERE. We especially like Hawaii, the Caribbean, and Australia. Special discount for anyone who books a wedding in those three places. ;)





This is John and Jess. Isn't she beautiful? Ahhh...dreamy.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It sounds like 2009 is going to be an amazing year! Best wishes!

meggie said...

2 awesome rumors that I will be sure to spread!! Congrats Alli!!!

Anonymous said...

wow! congratulations- it is going to be a great 2009 for you :) good luck with everything- you will do awesome!

|| davidjay || said...

You are so wonderful - thank you for the nice post and your pictures are gorgeous. Keep up the amazing work.

Blessings,
DJ

Picture Perfect said...

I am so impressed with you! I know your wedding work will be just as incredible as your portraiture!

Hayley said...

Sounds like a fabulous 2009 on it's way!! Gorgeous pic too, you are going to ROCK weddings :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Awesome Alli!!! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you! You better take pics of that new studio of yours!

-ali hohn

Laura Lynne Photography said...

HUGE BIG congrats on the space!!! I second Hayley, you will rock weddings! Awesome new year kickoff chickie! :)

Cindy Harter said...

Oh MY !!!!!!!! I am so proud for you !!!!! You are doing amazing work and your wedding images will be just as meaningful !!! I can't wait to see what you do !! I love you chickie !!!

Laurel E. Riffey said...

I am soooo EXCITED for you Allison! How EXCITING about your natural light studio! I am quite envious! Can't wait to see it! And weddings... you're taking 2009 by the horns huh? CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Now THOSE are good rumors. A STUDIO! A STUDIO!!! I'm sure you've already screamed enough for yourself, but I'm screaming for you ;) ... and wow ^^ umm, very cool :D

Anonymous said...

Well if you had any doubts, obviously your fellow peers in photography don't share those doubts. I'm very very proud but please don't sell your first born! Lots of love and congratulations too!

Anonymous said...

how exciting - 2009 is going to be your year I'm sure of it

Anonymous said...

oooh, exciting times ahead!
best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! two great rumours!

Son Kissed Photography said...

You go girl! I'm totally a J* blog stalker too! :) Good luck, by looking at your images you are fit for it! I'm LAH-oving your images!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!
sounds like 09 will be BIG!