Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Friday, January 30, 2009

My Baby Boy Turned SIX

I know every mother says this, but where does the time go? I still remember when this little kiddo was a fat, and I mean FAT little man with the very same red rash on his face as he has here in the pics taken of him on his birthday. I can't remember today what it feels like to hold that little chub with those sweet red cheeks. The day Max was born (Jan 15th, 2003) the CEO of my husband's company went to jail. We called it mini Enron. From that day on we never knew whether John would have a job from day to day and we spent the first year of this child's life job searching and soul searching and searching for directon from the God who created this little soul, and the days just passed. And before long the chub was gone and the baby was gone, and the toddler waddle, and the diapers and the bottles and the binky... and then Max emerged a sweet, sensitive and rather bony six year old. It happened without me knowing, and I try so hard, but I can't remember what it feels like to squeeze that sweet baby chub. It is gone from my memory. And if it weren't for who he is now- sweet absolutely always, and sensitive, and helpful and sooo funny, I would be sad today. Well, maybe I am still a little sad. Time sometimes seems like an enemy, doesn't it?

See him in his boxers? He just started wearing them because he finally thinks he is big enough to wear boxers. Son, I vow to you right now to never ever post another picture of you in your boxers once you and your friends are old enough to have internet access. Cross my heart and hope to die.








And LOOK y'all! I found some old pics of him. Oh my goodness, look how cute he is!!


This one still makes me smile. It was in my bathroom for so long until I learned about black and white conversions and realized this one was horrible. I re-edited it today so it is going back in my bathroom.



There is a story behind the funky home made decorations. But it's boring, so I am not going to tell it.

Love you, my big boy!!!!

18 comments:

Amanda said...

awwww Happy Birthday to HIM!

Anonymous said...

Oh Alli, Oh Max!! those sweet sweet baby pictures. I love the boxers, it is hard to believe he is only turningcrympu six, he is such an old soul!

Cindy Harter said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday to sweet Max... Happy Birthday to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!! How wonderful !!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh memories! So thankful we have photos!!
Happy Birthday Max!!!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday Max!!!

Carrie Young said...

Happy Birthday Max you little cutie!

Laura Lynne Photography said...

ah, love these pictures!! he looks like total sweetness....
okay, what I wnat to know is HOW does he stand around in those boxers in your house at the temperatures we've talked about ??!!! he is ALL boy - has to be to do that! (I'd be three jackets deep)

Picture Perfect said...

What a precious post! Hugs to your sweet little man.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! what a handsome little guy.......great images you have captured over the years.....how wonderful it is to be able to look back on his life.

Anonymous said...

hehe happy birthday to him! love the candle picture :]

Denise Snyder said...

Happy birthday to Max!!! You know he'll never forgive you for the boxer shot - lol!!! Love seeing his baby pics - what a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

how cute! it is so true- they grow too fast!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos!
happy birthday to your big boy

Hayley said...

Hope your Birthday was great Max :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! And congrats mama, looks like you are doing a fine job, you are hhhmmmmmm :)

Anonymous said...

Hope he had a great birthday! Max is just darling!

Julie Ranee said...

I'm a little late, but still want to wish your little guy a happy birthday!!! You cracked me up when you said you won't post another pic of him in his boxers once he and his friends are old enough to have internet access! Love that!

Julie Monacella Photography said...

Oh my gosh. He's such a cutie. And I'm here with my son who is LOVING the yoda shot. What a fun variety of photos.