Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Friday, August 14, 2009

Romance is in the air....

My parents are taking all three of my children for 5 WHOLE DAYS. This is the first time in over 9 years that my darling husband and I have had this much time together just the two of us. So one would think we would jet off to Antigua or heck, at least out to Cape Cod for a romantic getaway. *Sigh* No. We're staying home. We've got projects to do and this new room to enjoy:



So just wanted you all to know I will be out of the office until Tuesday, having a romantic weekend painting a deck with my oh so romantic husband. Aren't I lucky? I also plan to finish reading Brideshead Revisited in my comfy new chair. I am in desperate need of a break. I realized the other day that I usually get out of bed at around 6am and I work until I go to bed nearly every day. I take breaks to make my kids lunch, entertain them a bit, go grocery shopping, eat and make dinner and to sleep, but most of my days are spent juggling them and my office from sun up until sundown and beyond. That's kinda crazy and really not very healthy. So my dear clients, if I told you 3-4 weeks on getting your proofs, really truly expect me to just make my deadline. I have become a little obsessed with under promise over deliver so that I end up doing the opposite. Being busy is the biggest blessing while it's also very challenging in trying to balance things. I've got some work to do in this department!

I will leave you with a few more of my favorite images from our trip to Summer Village in Wells, ME a few weeks ago. These images just make me happy, like joy just wells up and spills out of me when I look at them. (My two most favorite from my trip are in the post below. I have the one of the three of them in a small print in the new room. It is strategically placed on the wall diagnonal from my new chair so that when I sit in it, I can look at that image and get my happy on.



















3 comments:

Denise Snyder said...

OHMYGOSH... Loving the new room - looks like such a sanctuary - and lovin these images as well! That mermaids pic cracked me up!

Laura Lynne Photography said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT ROOM!!! LOVE.IT. :) and oh my, this last bw of your hubby and kiddos - CUTE!

Heather Sullivan said...

OH my gosh, Allison!! I have seen all these before and have loved every single word and every single shot but this last shot of your family just takes my breath away. I LOVE THIS!!!