Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Watching them Grow...{New Hampshire Family Photographer}

I know all of us Moms are always talking about how fast time goes by. One day our little ones are learning how to smile and the next walk, and then potty training, then school, and before you know it, poof. Little ones are no longer little. Chubby dimpled hands and feet, thin baby fine hair, early rising, diaper bags - it all morphs into unrecognizable boniness, thick hair a completely different color, threatening them with their lives if they don't get out of bed, back packs. It happens in a flash. This family reminded me a lot of that. I photographed these two last year when C couldn't even sit up. T was just walking, no words yet, just a bundle of boundless energy. Now they are walking and talking, playing together, running with all the energy of the wind, eating cookies together and laying down the foundations of a lifelong brother sister relationship. It made my Mama heart want to hold onto my own a little longer, to breathe in every second of their littleness, appreciate the innocence. I truly hope that when I photograph your family you put those images on your wall and you walk by them on a day when they exasperate you and you smile and remember how little they were just last year. Can I just say that there isn't really much else in this life that you can invest your money in that doesn't lose value, but gains it every day? Because I bet the Mom of these two still looks at her precious babies on that big canvas she purchased last year and finds a minute to reflect on how things have changed so much in so little time. At least I hope she does, because this is really why I love my work. It's really why I do this.

Be blessed...




I love this one of little T. He is super happy and curious and smart and funny and I think it's all wrapped up in this one look...







This was my favortie of C. I LOVE this expression because she gave it to me a lot. It's her thinking expression. She's still checking me out, wondering what that huge camera is up to. She's contemplating how she can get out of there. :) I bet Mom and Dad see it alot.

3 comments:

meggie said...

They are precious Alli!!

Denise Snyder said...

Love them... but that last one especially!!!

Laurie said...

Love what you wrote, and yes, I am always looking at their beautiful pics on the wall and remembering how fast time has already gone by. I can't get enough hugs and kisses out of my two little babes, they are so sweet and loving.