Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Finding My Passion

Images that tell a story, freeze a moment, evoke that feeling of comfortable familiarity, maybe a little ooh and ahhh here and there too..... that's my passion. When I see images that do this, the emotion feels like it comes from inside my bones, like it's been released after being stuck there for far too long. My own images don't always do this for me. It's often other photographers who drive me to my knees to beg God for that talent. A few of these do that for me though. Why? Is it because they are technically correct, follow the rule of thirds, or meet a certain skin tone standard? Hardly. It's because they tell a story about these little souls that is very personal to me, since they are my own. When they are grown and "all bony" as my friend Cindy says, I want to remember their littleness, those chunky dimpled hands wrapped in a dirty bandaid and adorned and bedazzled with jewels. I like to think that I will look fondly upon a boy's ripped holey jeans, and the yucky binky my daughter insists on having in her mouth whenever I am not looking, and her dirty "pink." I will long for a crowded Build -A- Bear where my children rubbed and kissed their bear hearts and then stuffed them into a new friend. I will wish for sister moments, and to see the stars in my little ones eyes when she hung on big sister's every word, and to see them ride a carousel together in a mall...

This is why I became a Photographer.



















3 comments:

Jenny B said...

Alli-This is the MOST beautiful thing I have read in a long time. I have tears streaming down my face. Your images did that to me! The music playing on your blog added an extra punch! I am gonna go kiss my babies now. Thanks for the beautiful words.

Mary Gundrum said...

Gorgeous Alli, absolutely love this, it sums it all up so well! Your work continues to amaze me, it has grown by leaps and bounds!!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Alli, you have a way with words ! This is my all time favorite post ! Thank you for mentioning me. We do share the same vision on so many subjects ! I am so glad God brought your friendship, vision, and talent into my life :) He always knows just what we need. He is a good God !

Cindy Harter