Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Inspiration for the Day



"Rather than concentrating on being the best, I concentrate on being better than last week."



This quote is by Jerry Ghionis, an Australian Wedding Photographer whose approach to his art may very well have made him the best at what he does. At the very least, he's one of the ten best in the WORLD, named so by American Photo Magazine in March 2007. He has also been called an "Icon of Imaging" by Microsoft and has won 4 of the last 5 "Wedding Album of the Year" awards by Wedding and Portrait Photographers International. WOW. I guess his advice should be lauded!


For me, this idea of concentrating not on being the best but on being better than last week is a way to overcome that feeling of overwhelm I sometimes get when I think of all things I have to learn, all the ways I need to change and be better. You can use this in your spiritual life, professional life, your physical fitness, your life as a Mom or Dad. It pumps me up.

With all that being said, I am off to be better than last week, starting with a workout and then an online photography class while Ella sleeps.....

Have a fabulous day being better than you were last week!

For you photographers out there, I used Kevin Kubota's mochabw action on this image, increasing the opacity of the brown layer to 100% and decreasing the gradient layer to about 45%. I love the soft brown color of this one, it lends to her classic look.

No comments: