Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Monday, March 17, 2008

Meeting Audrey Woulard

For those of you who are not photographers, you may not know the name Audrey Woulard, but you WILL know her work. She is the Pottery Barn Kids Photographer. If you are a photographer, then you probably think she is something equivelant to, say, Brad Pitt, and meeting her would be like the equivelant of say, getting a back stage pass to The Rolling Stones, so going to a workshop of hers is like getting a singing lesson from Josh Groban. Yes, folks, she is a star.

So, I spent the weekend in Audrey Woulard's loft. I am terrible with words, so I will just say it was COOL. I got to shoot adorable professional models in a famous natural light studio under the direction of THE Audrey Woulard. One of the girls I photographed happens to be in this month's American Girl catalog, which impressed even my daughter, who is incredibly difficult to impress. This was like a dream weekend for me. On top of Audrey Woulard I got to spend three days with Julie, Megan, and Candy (missed you, the rest of you Chicks!), also photographers I want to be like when I grow up!

Without further adieu, these are the images I took at the workshop. It was a tough shooting environment, these poor kids were like celebrities being photographed by paparazzi, there were lots of photographers vying for their attention. I am sure their parents were very proud of them!
























13 comments:

Denise Snyder said...

WOW! AWESOME! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Bravo chickie! These are really wonderful images!

Cindy Harter said...

Your pictures are awesome Alli ! I love them all ! I wish I could have been there too..

Jenny B said...

Alli- These rock! I want a studio like that! Did you edit these or are they sooc? Wonderful!

Picture Perfect said...

These are beautiful Chickie!! It sure was fun wasn't it? I'm so glad we got to hang out together!

Mary Gundrum said...

Incredible every single one!! They look like Audrey's! I am so incredibly jealous, maybe someday... I am sure it was worth every penny! I am very happy for you!

Mary

sherry boles~ said...

Wow! Wonderful images, Alli! Looks like you learned well from Audrey!

Ali said...

These are GORGEOUS Alli! Those kids really know how to work the camera.

meggie said...

AWESOME Alli, I LOVE all the shots that you took, You rocked it girl!!Beautiful color and great captures!!

Anonymous said...

Alli,
I had a great time with everybody at the workshop. Maybe some day we can all meet up again for another shoot. :) Best wishes, Mike

Hayley said...

Awesome Alli!! Your images are Gorgeous!! Bumming I missed out on meeting up with the chicks again...hopefully someday it will happen!!

maggie holmes said...

looks like you got some great shots alli!! way to work it!

Prema Buck said...

These are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got to meet THE Audrey Woulard, too! But, I was in the workshop in May 17-18. AW totally ROCKS!!!