Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Firstborn Turned 9 {NH Child Photographer}

A couple of weeks ago, Grace turned 9. It was 9 years ago that I left my job on a Friday night determined that I would not be back on Monday. After 36 crazy long hours of labor Grace was born, an 8 lb 6 oz baby girl. Who knew that little chunk would end up the smallest by far of my three babies. And who knew she would be THIS: in just a speck of time.

And so I am feeling a little sentimental about my baby girl today, and after having spent a fabulous two days just us (without little bro and sis)I am feeling both sentimental and proud. Here's why:

1. We went to the American Girl store on Tuesday. She went with her own money and was told she could spend her own money but not mine. She never once asked me for anything while we were there. If she admired something she checked the price and weighed whether she wanted to give up that much money for that item. In the end, I offered to buy her pj's to match her dolls and she just said, "Really? Are you sure? Thank you so much Mommy."

2. When she stays over at a friends house the parents always tell me she can come absolutely any time. She was a delight! That makes me so proud.

3. Her teachers say she is generous and kind and stands up for others and they say it like they truly mean it.

4. I am so completely proud of the big sister that she is, how she lovingly cares for Ella and Max.

5. I think she is going to be a photographer someday. I watch her compose the most ineteresting images, with texture and color and props. She manages to get Ella to love it, and gets some great expressions out of her.

6. She is a good friend, and she chooses her friends wisely.

7. When she dances, it is like God is in the room.

8. She is so thoughtful and loves to buy gifts for just about anyone.

9. She makes the best of a bad situation. Even when she's being punished, she makes it seem like it's a good thing. This can be very annoying and quite frustrating for a mom that believes she needs to suffer as a consequence, but still a good trait.

10. She totally goes with the flow. She's happy as long as she is spending time with people she likes.

I love you baby girl! You are a precious treasure.













And a few snapshots from our trip to American Girl in Natick, MA. We are with the C girls, and it was Miss H's 10th birthday on Tuesday! How fun is an American Girl birthday?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

american girls?! those things are the bomb diggity. I used to want every single thing in the catalog. that shows some serious restraint that she didn't beg you for the whole store!! beautiful portraits!

meggie said...

Happy Happy day to you Grace!!!!! Love these shots of Her Alli!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girl and beautiful shots! Happy BIrthday Grace!

Ali said...

GASP!!! WOWWWWW!!! That 1st and 5th shot really appeal to my style Alli. Absolutely amazing portraits!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, these comments made from my daughter to her daughter are so touching that I am sitting here in tears. I' m not usually that sentimental but I guess where my first child and her first child are concerned, it's to be expected and very much OK. The pictures are exquisite, so I'm not sure which actually started all my sentimentality, the beautiful comments about MY granddaughter or her beautiful pics or was it the talent of a beautiful photographer. I love both you girls more than anything.
Mom, aka Meme

Picture Perfect said...

Happy Birthday to beautiful Grace! She's a gorgeous young lady and I see a good bit of her mama there.

John Hamrick said...

You are extremely talented. Very nice work.

Carrie Young said...

oh my! It goes too too quickly doesn't it?
Happy Birthday :D x

Denise Snyder said...

Love all of these pics Alli! Your trip to American Girl looks like it was a blast - and these pics of Grace - well she just looks sooooo grown up!!! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

stunning pictures - it's unbelivable how fast they grow

what a cool idea for a birthday party, we don't have anything like that here x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, how fun is that?!! Love this post Allison!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, how fun is that?!! Love this post Allison!

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful!
happy 9th birthday :)

Hayley said...

Looks like you had lots and lots of fun!! Can't believe how grown up she looks!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! I bet she'll remember this birthday forever! Happy Birthday to your baby :)

Anonymous said...

wow, she's gorgeous! And she sounds like a very special little girl.

Laura Lynne Photography said...

What a fun glimpse into your trip! Love the pictures of Grace - she's beautiful Alli!

Julie Ranee said...

She's beautiful! Love the images you captured. And that American Girl store . . . I don't know if there is one anywhere near here, but my girl would love it! Looks like you had fun.

amazing grace said...

beautiful daughter and tribute to her....loved reading it!