Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Did you have a good day? My Hubby says that the one thing that can really ruin a Mother's Day is the kids. Is that true ya think? Maybe, but mine were pretty decent today, so I must say that they did not ruin it, in fact, they most definitely added to it's charm. Besides the perfectly blue skies, my yummy breakfast in bed, and a day with no chores, they were mostly quite pleasant. Grace was up at the crack of dawn to make sure that everything was in place for my french toast breakfast in bed, and I just soaked in all that love she gave with her attention and her homeade gifts. I also got some great scribbled-on note book paper from Max and Ella too.

Then we spent the afternoon at Hobo Golf. It was fun. They let me bring my camera as long as I didn't ask them to pose at all.

Ella's lesson

Oops, wrong kind of golf, El!

Look at that putt!
I did it!! Oh my, she had as cracking up. That kid enjoyed every minute of putt-putt.

This is Grace smiling. She's just gotten a hole in 2!!

Max is a natural, like his Dad.

Grace is pleading her case against Ella. According to Daddy's scorecard, Ella is leading with all holes in 1. Grace is highly competitive and can't stand for that.
What's a Mother's Day without a battle?
This battle begins wth Daddy pitted against the iron clad will of Ella. She refuses to putt from the proper place, but Daddy thinks she needs to learn proper putt-putt regulations.
The battle rages on.
Huh. Would ya look at that...Daddy wins. She putts properly. Daddy is proud. I am impressed at Hubby's superior parenting skills. Though I would have fought to the death, there would have been much more weeping and gnashing of teeth, maybe even some blood, and most definitely a scene, had I been in charge of this operation.

And this is the only pic of the three of them together, so I put it in even if it is 2/3rd butt. (And yes we use the word butt in our home. I am not sure why so many Moms are shocked by our use of this little word.)

After putt putt we went to the Dairy Bar with our dear friends the Kroegers. This is Katherine.

Ella: "Katherine, I have been meaning to tell you..."
".... I LOVE your shoes. Where did you get them?"
Katherine: "Oh, aren't they so cute? I got them in red, too."

The Kroeger Family is a full quiver- 6 full fledged little people with another one on the way.
This is Tristan and Celine.
Celine again
And Elise
I am missing Randon and Shaddy.
Baby #7 is a boy!

7 comments:

Ali said...

LOL I loved your Mother's Day story. You told it so well Alli, not only in pictures, but also in words :o) I hope you enjoyed your day. x

Picture Perfect said...

So glad you enjoyed your special day. It was fun to read!

Denise Snyder said...

Alli you crack me up - not only are you a wonderful storyteller with your camera, but with your words! Sounds like a very full, very fun day! And yes, we use the word "butt" too! :)

Laura Lynne Photography said...

Such a cute story and cute photos Alli! I LOVE the one of Elise (?) by the water with that sunlight coming from behind left...GORGEOUS!!You are such a talented photog chicky!!!

Hayley said...

Alli...you do crack me up girl!! I am with D on that :) I have always said you are a storyteller and so good with words and this is no exception!! I enjoyed so much reading about your day and seeing it captured by you!! Thank you for sharing and I am glad you had such a great Mothers Day :)

Kara May said...

I love how your subjects are backlit in these. Beautiful!

WandaD said...

Ali,

Great story about Mother's Day. I haven't been on your site in a long time, but am always raving to people about the wonderful photos you take. Still loving ours from September! I enjoyed your hobo golf story and the pics. Can't believe that you got out of their with only one battle!!! Thanks again for sharing your fab talent with all of us! You are giving us great memories too by providing such a phenom service! Thanks again! Sincerely, The Damis.