Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Monday, May 19, 2008

Inspired

I have been meaning to spotlight some of my photographer friends, aka the Pixel Chicks, for some time now. So, over the weekend I was looking out my front window at our cherry tree, noticing that it's pink blossoms were brilliant in bloom and at it's peek moment. I've had this idea for awhile of Grace in a white dress and a straw hat, sitting under that tree. The funny thing was, as I was dreaming up this shot and getting Grace into her dress I realized that this shot was my inner Hayley coming out. I am truly inspired by my friend who is a true artist, so her style pops into my head and sometimes morphs into what I want my own to be. So... Hayley is my first Pixel Chicks spotlight photographer! I encourage you to check out her art, grab a cup of coffee and have a comfy seat, you may want to stay awhile.


7 comments:

Jenny B said...

Very Hayley, lol. I can't wait to see the others too! Your one lucky CHICK!!!!

Ali said...

Funnily enough I took a shots like this of my daughter under a weeping willow tree about 2 years ago!

Not inspired by anyone at the time, I was just a little snap happy. I may post one on my blog in honour of the pixel chicks and their strength to stay together, being there for each other, through thick and thin.

Hayley said...

Girl...you have made me cry!! Alli, I don't even know what to say, I am so totally speechless. Thank you for those kind words!! I am so blessed by your friendship my dear!! I want to say more...but I truly am at a loss for words. Thanks chickie for the spotlight:) And your pic is absolutley beautiful of Grace!!

sherry boles~ said...

Very pretty, Alli!

Denise Snyder said...

Beautiful Alli! Very "Hayley" image for sure - yet uniquely you! Love it!

Laura Lynne Photography said...

So beautiful Alli! I do some Hayley but I see your magic touch too! :)

Anonymous said...

Alli, this is so GORGEOUS and you are right so Hayley with a little Alli to boot. What a lovely pair you two make, ;) LOVE this!