Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Thursday, August 21, 2008

There's Something About the Ocean...



I'm not sure what it is, but I am feeling very sentimental today about our trip to Nantusket Beach. I think it's the ocean- it's just magical. I love the smell, how warm the wind is, the unbeleivable color of a sunset, the treasures that are washed onto the earth everyday by the tide coming in and then disappearing. I think it's wild to walk on sand that just hours before was covered with water five feet high. The sound of the gulls, the feel of the sand, and the pure mystery of it all. I know it probably sounds corny, but I really am feeling a little teary that its over, and that it was over so quickly.

We went to Nantusket Beach and then to the Aquarium in Boston. The absolute highlight of my trip was the night at the beach. We met my dear friend Megan Peck and her family for an amazing dinner in an ocean front restaurant, then we went out to the beach where the kids found all these incredible sea creatures and shells and beautiful rocks. The wind was blowing and the sunset was golden and all seemed well in the world at that moment. Thank you Peck family, for meeting us and sharing a great time with us. We are going to be regulars at Nantusket Beach!

If you would like to see all the pictures from our mini trip, you can see it on my brand spankin new website! (More to come on this soon!) Enter the gallery, click on client lounge, then enter the password beach.

4 comments:

Cindy Harter said...

your new website is soooo beautiful !!! Perfectly put together and your images... well.. all I can say is WOW!!!! Go YOU!!

sherry boles~ said...

Beautiful, Alli!
Your new website looks GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Denise Snyder said...

LOVE the new site Alli - and your pics of the beach are just fabulous!

Beth Benoit said...

Congrats, Alli! Love your new site!