Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I am a photographer...what a surprise....

I don’t know when it happened exactly, the first time I could say that without feeling like I was lying to the world. It came on suddenly, the realization that I had become something. It feels like sweet relief to know that I won’t leave this world without a tag, without an identity of some sort. And the very best part is this: the pure, unencumbered, undeniable joy that comes from knowing that I have something to give, something to offer to the world. You know what the funny part is- I had that something all along - the main ingredient- ME.

Yup, Meeeee. So in realizing that my gift to my dear hubby, my kiddos, my friends, my family, and even my clients is ME, I figured I needed to start working a little more on making ME the ME that God intended. Now THAT seems like one overwhelming task. Luckily I have God’s promise that I can do all things through Him, (thank you, God,) or I would be in big trouble. BIG trouble.

So I thought I would share every so often some of the things that God is showing me, like all the “stuff” in my head that I believe, like “I am a failure and always will be.” See, we’ve worked through that one a bit, making some headway. I can see that I am not a failure as a photographer, though on some days I might FEEL like a failure. I usually feel like the biggest loser when it comes to my weight, and I mean biggest loser in the worst way, not like the tv show way. I still have seen no success in this department. Suddenly though, I am learning to be thankful for the challenge. It will make me rely on God’s strength, it will make me seek His Face, and expect Him to keep me going. That’s a good thing. Unfortunately in this fallen world, the challenges are what make us better.

And hey, gratitude is better than chocolate.




My new SP, what fun this was (that's a joke)
I wanted something fun and funky. For all you action junkies out there, I used Ren's "Julie's Curse" for this one and added some texture from Feature Pics (I'll get the link for this later)

8 comments:

Jenny B said...

Alli, You are BEAUTIFUL! You have so much to be proud of! Your gift is amazing. I still feel funny about the whole I'M a photographer thing. I guess cause I have so much more to learn. Work those gifts god gave you, he mad one wonderful lady. Might I add, that is one heck of a lens you got there. I really LOVE the sp.

sherry boles~ said...

Wonderful post, Alli! I really like reading your thoughts...and that's a beautiful SP! :)

Picture Perfect said...

Yep - Jenny is right. You are beautiful - inside and out. And you are a wonderfully talented photographer.

Anonymous said...

Alli - I read your post and felt some connection with what you wrote. I think one thing you always need to remember is that you feel no differently than most people in this world - we all have the same struggles. It is how we choose to handle them that makes us better people. And on the weight thing - you are beautiful and when you learn to love your body, no matter what size it is, it makes you even more beautiful. (I am STILL working on that one and doubt I'll ever get there, but it sure sounds like good advice!) Your talent is brilliant and beautiful and you have been blessed with a gift!

meggie said...

Alli, I adore you, you being what you are best YOU!!! YOU are an amazing mother, friend, wife AND Artist. I am honored to call myself a friend!xoxo

Hayley said...

Alli, you are such a beautiful person inside and out and I swear a writer in there somewhere too ;) I love our new SP!! Just Gorgeous!

Julie Monacella Photography said...

Hi Alli, my roomie for 2 days, you are beautiful on the outside, but most importantly on the inside! I admire so much about you - your inner strength, your artistic eye, your kind heart. I'm so glad we're friends. :)

Denise Snyder said...

Alli you are not only an amazing photographer, but a wordsmith as well! I am truly blessed to call you my friend! Lovin' the new SP! I know how hard that was for you to do, but it came out GREAT!