Cool Stuff To Think About



You have reached The Blog. I am glad you're here. Grab a cup of coffee, browse around, leave me a comment. Hopefully you'll find lots of cool stuff to think about and even better stuff to look at.

Please respect the art and my livelihood- do not right click and save anything from this blog. It is a violation of copyright laws and carries a fine of $150,000. Crazy huh? Learn more about copyright laws here: www.copyright.gov

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Little Tidbit

So I thought I would share with you what it was in particular that made me choose the top ten as the top ten. In all honesty it had nothing to do with the technical merit of an image, though most of these are decent enough. It had everything to do with emotion, how each image made me feel when I saw them. Here goes:



Mom's Bliss: The title probably tells a lot about why I picked it. As a Mom, it absolutely delights me when my own children enjoy each other and show love to one another. Those two are soaking each other up at that moment, in their "I don't want to admit it but I like my brother/ sister" way. It makes me happy.



"I am a Dreamer": I really think she looks like she is dreaming, like all the world around her is just at a standstill, and she is there, in the moment, dreaming like all girls her age do. I wonder what she is dreaming about, I wonder what her future will bring, and I appreciate what a quiet sweet soul she is.



"Once Upon a Dream" Doesn't she just look like she is making a wish in a magic wishing well? It is fantasy, and for a moment she gets to live in another world. I love her hair blowing in the wind, too, and how she almost glows in her pure white dress.



"Sister Secrets" Maybe because I am so fond of these two sweet sisters I just love this image. I think it so beautifully illustrates their relationship and their personalities, and it embodies the joy of being a sister for anyone who has one, or anyone (like me) who always wished they did.



"Kinetic Joy" I think I want to dance when I see this, dance and be full of joy, laughter, and all that being alive is all about. It moves me, energizes me, and makes me want to be present. I just love it.



"Sweet Cheeks" What can I say about this one except, hello, is she not the cutest little thing you have ever seen? Look at those eyes, and truly, she is this serious every time I see her. It's just her.



"At Day's End" This little one just moved at a hundred miles an hour for this entire session, he never stopped, that is, until this moment. It was like his gas just ran out and this little weed got his attention on the ground and he plopped down to study it in his intense toddler way. I was delighted to discover that he plopped down in the most beautiful setting sunlight, the best light we had that day. It was beautiful up there at the Rocks Estate, and he was as precious as any little boy could be.



"2008 and Beyond" I LOVE this image. I think she looks drop dead gorgeous and there she is, right in the middle of her own little town that will change so much over the years to come, just as much as she will. This girl is a Believer in Jesus Christ, so I see her future is in good hands.



"A Part of Her" I feel like I can look into her soul. Aren't her eyes so beautiful? She is so young, yet somehow her eyes have something wise behind them, and playful and fun all at the same time. Sweetness, pure sweetness. Plus, I love the crop!



"The Good Boy" He started out the session very shy, and his Mom even said that he did not like his picture being taken. It was amazing to see him relax and gradually he even acted as though he enjoyed himself. He really put his heart into his pictures, like he was doing it for his Mom. He's a good boy, and I can see it in his eyes in this image.


Here's another favorite of mine from the year...Look, they're having fun together!!!


No comments: